EU plant quarantine regime for imports
This e-Learning course is aimed at allowing participants to improve their knowledge and skills in:
- The relevant EU legislation, reference to the relevant International Standards on Phytosanitary Measures.
- Elements of organisational aspects, policy making and import control planning.
- Practical elements of inspections (rules of inspection and sampling, various approaches to different means of conveyances and to different types of goods, inspections of wood packaging materials, sampling and sample handling, etc.).
- Reduced frequency of inspection.
- Inspection at destination (Commission Directive 2004/103/EC), including plant health movement document.
- Control of imports for scientific purposes.
- Emergency measures; derogations.
- Quarantine measures in case of interceptions (various scenarios, traceability and follow-up checks), non-regulated pest management.
- Notification at domestic and EU level as well as of the country of origin; information and experience exchange.
- Use of interception data from other Member States (EUROPHYT) for targeting inspections and testing.
Who can Participate
How to Register
- Check the NCPs Contact List for details and links to more detailed information.
If you are an eligible candidate, from a EU Member State or from an invited Non-EU country, you can apply to the available
BTSF Onlinecourses, via the BTSF Online Application Form. In case you have any questions about the selection criteria, please consult with the relevant National Contact Point.
- For any other enquiries please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org and the BTSF Team will be glad to assist you.