Animal Welfare at slaughter and killing for disease control
This e-Learning course is aimed at allowing participants to improve their knowledge and skills in:
- Relevant EU legislation and International legal framework (e.g. OIE standards).
- Scientific basis for optimum pre-slaughter handling, stunning, slaughter and culling of animals (basic animal behaviour/physiology and basic anatomy).
- Animal keeping and assessment of keeping facilities.
- Main stunning and killing techniques at slaughterhouses in Europe and in the context of culling for disease control purposes.
- Animal welfare indicators (mainly from Welfare Quality® Protocols).
- Killing of animals in the context of animal disease epidemics.
The scientific contents are mainly focused on the following animal species: cattle, pigs, small ruminants and broiler chickens.
Who can Participate
How to Register
- Check the NCPs Contact List for details and links to more detailed information.
If you are an eligible candidate, from a EU Member State or from an invited Non-EU country, you can apply to the available
BTSF Onlinecourses, via the BTSF Online Application Form. In case you have any questions about the selection criteria, please consult with the relevant National Contact Point.
- For any other enquiries please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org and the BTSF Team will be glad to assist you.