Animal Welfare at slaughter and killing for disease control for poultry
This e-Learning course is aimed at allowing participants to improve their knowledge and skills in:
- Main references to the legislative requirements for poultry.
- Scientific basis for proper stunning and slaughter of poultry (basic animal behaviour and basic anatomy); Main stunning and slaughter techniques applied in slaughterhouses.
- Development of standard operating procedures and monitoring of their application.
- Animal welfare indicators: practical examples in slaughterhouses and problem raised by the risk of electro-immobilisation in poultry and the use of high frequency currents.
- Main legislative requirements on animal welfare during killing for disease control purposes.
- Main stunning and killing techniques for poultry.
- Development of action plans for depopulation.
Who can Participate
How to Register
- Check the NCPs Contact List for details and links to more detailed information.
If you are an eligible candidate, from a EU Member State or from an invited Non-EU country, you can apply to the available
BTSF Onlinecourses, via the BTSF Online Application Form. In case you have any questions about the selection criteria, please consult with the relevant National Contact Point.
- For any other enquiries please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org and the BTSF Team will be glad to assist you.