The overall objective of the BTSF Training Programme/Course on
As the process of carcass classification is a visual method, it is necessary to ensure that the Union Scale is applied in a consistent way in all Member States. To reach this aim, the training course will be focused on practical exercises, where participants will be called to classify some carcasses, working both in groups and individually. The exercises will be carried out at a slaughterhouse and beef processing plant.
The course addresses the following topics:
- Beef carcass classification and legal background.
- General conditions and the application of the carcass classification
- Minimum requirements of classification, weighing and identification of carcasses; Community scale for the classification of carcasses of bovine animals aged eight months or more.
- On-the-spot check, inspection reports
- The authorisation method of automated beef grading techniques
- Practical demonstration on the classification: determination of conformation and fat cover, marking and classification of carcasses, presentation of carcasses
This Training Programme has been designed for the profiles and positions described below. Please verify compliance with the selection criteria before submitting or validating applications.
- experience in the supervision of the classification and control of slaughterhouses
- worked in functional areas of carcass classification and control of slaughterhouses
- experience in carcass classification within a Competent Authority in areas of food/feed safety, animal health or animal welfare, in particular in areas such as control of the slaughterhouses
Calendar and locations
|Session||Start Date||End Date||City||Country|