The overall objectives of the BTSF Training Programme/Course on
- To provide for a common understanding of the current state of play of suitable tools and approaches to address outbreaks of priority pests in the EU territory (application of key definitions and concepts);
- To assess and identify generic (and specific) eradication and containment measures;
- To give the opportunity to trainees to compare key elements of contingency plans and other preparedness elements elaborated by their respective Member States in order to identify and share best practices (e.g existing alert systems and communication tools);
- To share best practices of the structure of contingency plans and response to crisis situations in food safety and animal health sectors.
The course addresses the following topics:
- Regulatory Framework (International and EU) for Contingency planning and pest eradication
- Generic and pest specific contingency plan, its structure, required information
- Roles and responsibilities of stakeholders and required resources (e.g. for surveillance, eradication)
- Action plan, simulation exercises for different priority pests
- Eradication vs containment measures
- Notification and public awareness
This Training Programme has been designed for Official staff of EU Member State authorities with both direct and indirect responsibilities to plant health. Participants would be expected to cascade the knowledge gathered during these specific training courses.
Calendar and locations
|Session||Start Date||End Date||City||Country|